Friday, June 8, 2012

Having God

Since the inception of our being, we have been granted a name of a God that we are instructed to serve. We grow up in a community adapting to a set of beliefs that we keep on embracing with every passing breath of ours.

As a child, I did the same. I had just one definition of God; THE ONE who keeps an eye on my every thought, word & action. He is somebody who is sure to grant my each and every wish, everything, even when my mum and dad, my elder brother or sister, even my dearest uncle or aunt may fail to provide. I grew with the same passion and tried my level best to keep away from all sorts of wrongdoings. I stayed afraid to utter words in front of my parents even when they were astoundingly inconsiderate. I felt guilty that I carry lots of mistakes or to more exaggeration, several sins on my profile as a kid. God granted to me however has been the best buddy ever. He always listened to me. He never shouted at me or never asked me to keep my mouth shut for the rest of my life.

Now I have grown up; simply putting it I have gained understanding. I might not be a wise one but at least the gift of having God in my life is the most precious and honorable of all. Seriously, I am being honest at the core of my heart.

In the sphere of my understanding, the meaning of god has come across in strangest ways through the multitude that dwells around. Putting it more precisely, god is available in various shapes and sizes. That being has taken countless forms like my next door neighbor, my closest friend, stranger passing by or my colleague or may be my boss in my previous or present company must have made power, crudeness, authority, lust and above all MONEY as their ultimate god. With no offense to any religious belief, but this attitude in my true honesty is becoming far more a norm of this materialistic world.

Hold on for a second, exactly god has appeared in different shapes and sizes such as a stack of money, size of my bank account, credit card or the thickness of my wallet. More amazingly, even when I am a first rated fool with no or least business acumen of any sort but yes I can be a chatter box or a trumpet blowing hard causing extensive noise pollution all the time, lying down on the floor every now and then telling my big daddy that I need to be next higher authority in line, putting forth that I am not taking up any next assignment till the time you fill my pocket with an undeserving incentive or perk. No daddy, you are not supporting me any more.

Give me a break here, holding one's horses I believe is never considered at all. Is that so? Power, greed and selfishness are sure to take me one step above and beyond the normal definition of humankind.

Do we still know who exactly our God is or we plan to sleep over it for the rest of our lives. This is for each one of us to think hard about. Let's start thinking. Will you?



This news article is brought to you by EXTREME - where latest news are our top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment